7 Aralık 2010 Salı

spider woman in pajamas a.k.a tuck a sock and shut the door


Being an independent woman able of fixing things around the house without needing a dude has always been a source of pride for me. I always show it off and mock female friends who can't change a light bulb or the door lock, the later which has proved to be a vital ability in case of the urgent need to lock a boyfriend out.

Well, I might have pushed the limits this Monday, I confess. I live in an apartment with a spectacular view to the Bosphorus bridge. It's rented and I'm a guest. So No I'm not one of them lucky bastards. I'm thankful. But, there is a building of Zurich Insurance right in front of my window. The building has an open roof on top where employees take their smoke-coffee breaks. The place is so close, one can actually see faces in detail. I almost feel like I know them, the blond girl with short hair, the fancy shiny suits guy, the on-the-phone for ages with the boyfriend chick. I feel like almost saying good morning to each one of them. I can't complain though. In fact, I love the fact that they are there stuck in an office while I'm having my coffee in pajamas. Obviously, we have made our choices, I really can't feel sorry for them.


Funny how even at these little rented boxes we live at in cities and call homes, one can still have the settings just enough to write a whole screenplay. My life feels like a TV Show, which makes me wonder why people watch TV instead of just looking around, watching things and people, observing, taking a close look at things. Anyway, so I woke up just as usual that Monday morning in my little box in the city of a 15 million others doing their thing, to yet an another happy happy day waking up without an alarm clock. I crawled out of my bed and sleep-walked to the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

The moment I turned back I realized I have locked myself out of my room. Don't panic! I thought out loud! I stood there for a bit staring at my locked door and sipping on my coffee. It didn't take me much before I was filled with the confidence in my ability to fix this. Rule one, I thought, every problem is fixable. I can't be locked here forever. So yeah, I'll fix it. So I kicked hard. The door opened.

Yet, that was not going to solve the problem. So first I found a screw-driver and literally screwed the lock. I wanted to test the damage so I closed the door just to lock myself again only this time in instead of out! My coffee was on the other side this time! I was stuck in my room with no coffee and my coffee was getting cold. I wasn't as calm. I couldn't kick. I had to pull hard and that was not doable.

So thats how I ended up walking out of my window like spider-woman-in-polka-dot-super-hero suit (or pajamas) and bad bad hair, wall-crawling to the window of the living room while being watched by a whole office on their coffee break. I'm sure my ass was all what Zurich Insurance talked about that day. Yet, I can only be proud for brightening up their Monday. I made it before my coffee got cold, the lock is on the floor and I tuck a sock to shut the door. Brilliant!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder