16 Eylül 2019 Pazartesi

Pandora's Box: Dessert

Time, place, reason, where, why, when… water!
A few days passed, I guess, or maybe I just slept?! For a few minutes, hours or days.
I do not want to stay at the intensive room. Why I'm here?! Was I in a coma? How long? Some people are up actually. Making noises or coughing some is shouting. Some people are entering and exiting the room.
Hold on!
That women sitting next to my bed all day! I looked again! That is my mother!
My mouth is as dry like the dessert!
I looked inside her eyes. I didn’t look into anyone’s eyes until then it seems. I smiled with tears flowing down my chin.
She stood up from a plastic chair two steps away from my bed, walked to me and cried. ‘Mama’ she said.
Everything is green. I’m wearing a green cloth. Mom is wearing greens on her cloth. White cloves. Everyone coming inside the room is wearing greens and white gloves. The bins, the bed covers, the water bottles are green. ‘Mama! Water!’ Did I say that? Now since I’m writing these lines I know I did not. I looked at the green bottles and showed my lips. How? I have no memory of a word I said then. My right arm couldn't move but I wouldn't know then. My left arm was connected to serums to the bed. Perhaps I tried to lick my lips. She knew. I didn't have to tell much. She put a piece of cotton inside the water. Squeezed it then started to drop of water around my lips. It was such a relief! I was singing in my head.  (Arabic) ‘See how much the sea is big… I love you more than that…’ I love you mother.  (Arabic)


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder